Friday, January 18, 2013

Frugal Friday!

I'm a huge fan of fried rice, but I'm too frugal to get Chinese take-out, plus I'm never sure if I'm really eating cat... so when I found this recipe on pinterest I was pretty excited!!!

I love it because it's filling, has veggies in it, and only required 2 chicken breasts.  

<----I stole this picture from her website.
Ingredients:  (doubled from the original) 
*4 servings of cooked brown rice
*2 eggs
*1 c frozen mixed veggies
*4 chopped green onions
*4 T soy sauce
*2 minced garlic
*2 chopped chicken breasts  (would be a great way to use leftover chicken)
*3 t vegetable oil (she used sesame oil)  

Directions:
1) Whisk eggs and set aside
2) Heat 2 t oil in skillet.  Add chicken and cook thoroughly.  Transfer chicken to a different plate.
3) Heat a little more oil in pan and add veggies, green onions, and garlic until tender.  Then add the eggs.  When the eggs are cooked... add in the chicken, rice, and soy sauce.  Toss well to combine.  Serves 4.

The blogger that posted this recipe says that day old rice is better... another great way to use those leftovers!!!

Finished product:
     
  Tynnley gave her approval!  

Happy Frugal Friday!

  





1 comment: